To provide basic risk assessment advice and information for staff with responsibility for conducting fire safety risk assessments and who may be the ‘responsible person’ as required by the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
Designed to provide an understanding of how fires start, propagate and spread and what can be done to prevent, detect and control such risks.
- Understand the legislation affecting fire safety
- Understand the role of the ‘responsible person’ within the law
- Theory of combustion
- Fire spread and propagation
- Fire prevention, detection and control
- Emergency procedures
- Fire risk assessment
- Actions arising from fire safety risk assessments
- The role of the fire log book
- How contractors can affect your fire safety
Please note that academies who do not buy back the Health, Safety and Wellbeing Service are welcome to book and attend our training for an additional charge.
A fee of £95 will be charged per delegate.
Who should attend:
Headteachers, Deputy Headteachers, Business Managers, Heads of Department, Site Managers and Premises Officers.